OpenCart will not work properly (or at all) without these technologies. Ask your web host if they support these technologies. Some hosts may charge additional recurring costs to enable these updates on your website. PHP Users: You can check whether your web hosting will support OpenCart by creating a phpinfo() file.
Install1. Upload all the files and folders to your server from the "www" folder. This can be to anywhere of your choice. e.g. /public_html/store or /public_html
2. For Linux/Unix make sure the following folders and files are writable. chmod 0755 or 0777 image/ chmod 0755 or 0777 image/cache/ chmod 0755 or 0777 cache/ chmod 0755 or 0777 download/ chmod 0755 or 0777 config.php chmod 0755 or 0777 admin/config.php If 0755 does not work try 0777.
3. Make sure you have installed a MySQL Database which has a user assigned to it DO NOT USE YOUR ROOT USERNAME AND ROOT PASSWORD
a) Click on MySQL Databases link on cPanel:
b) Enter a name for the database. Here, we named the database as opencart. Then, click on the Create Database button.
If we are on a share hosting, a prefix will be added automatically to the name we provided. This is generally the username which we use to log in to the cPanel. So, your database name will follow the template of cPanelLogin_databasename.
Take a note of the database name including the prefix.
c) Now, let's create a user and assign this user to our newly created database. We go back from database creation result page and jump to MySQL Users section. Choose a username and password. Repeat the password on the last text box and be sure that the password is not very easy to guess for security preferably a mixture of letters and numbers.) Click on the Create User button after filling all the required textboxes.
Please note that a prefix will be added to the user as well. Take a note of the username.
d) We need to add user to the database as the last step. Choose the newly created user and database for OpenCart, and then click the Add button.
f) In this step, we are going to assign privileges for the user in the database. Select the All Privileges option, and then press the Make Changes button to give all the privileges to the user.
4. Visit the store homepage e.g. http://www.example.com or http://www.example.com/store/
5. Follow the onscreen instructions.
6. Delete the install directory.
7. Go to admin area
8.Go to System > Backup > Restore Backup
8. Restore backup from file “backup.sql”
9. Visit and enjoy the store homepage e.g. http://www.example.com or http://www.example.com/store/
|« Previouse page||How to start? (which files should be upload on the server and how?)||» Next page|